What is Taobao?
Taobao is a famous Chinese online shopping site that offers you a wide variety of goods at low prices.
But the most headache is that the pages of this website are all in Chinese. So for people who can’t read the language, buying from Taobao can be a hassle.
So generally speaking, most people choose these two ways to buy goods. One is to shop directly on the Taobao website, and the other is to use an agent. Now let’s compare the two ways of shopping!
What is Taobao agent ?
Taobao agents are the middlemen between Taobao sellers and international buyers.They will buy Taobao items on your behalf and then package all your purchases and deliver them to you.
The following are some of the core services that Taobao agents typically provide.
- Negotiating with the seller and purchasing the product for you
- Product quality checks
- Returns and refunds
- Storage, packaging and order consolidation
- International shipping using USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.
And a Taobao agent has several advantages that make shopping with Taobao easier for customers from different countries.
- Provide English website pages and English customer service support.
- Convenient payment methods
- Skip the step of registering your own account
Shopping directly VS Using an angent
Shopping directly on Taobao (https://world.taobao.com/)
Create your Taobao account (if you decide to only use Taobao agents instead of shopping directly, you do not need to register for a Taobao account)
- A cell phone number is required to register a Taobao account.
It is recommended that you use a long term valid number to register for a Taobao account, as
Taobao will periodically send you SMS messages to verify your account.
- Click on the orange bar to indicate your agreement to the “Registration Agreement “
After confirming the cell phone number you entered, a window will appear, click the orange bar to confirm.
- Select the country and region for cell phone registration
Then enter your cell phone number. And use the left mouse button to pull the verification bar from left to right by pressing and holding
- Receive the SMS verification code on your cell phone, and enter the numeric code.
- Then create a login password and username for your Taobao account.
Using an agent
There is a difficulty with Taobao, if you can read and write Chinese, then directly then Taobao is fine for buying goods. But if you can’t, it’s a hassle to buy goods directly on Taobao. So that’s why there are Taobao agents.
- Place order
Copy the link of the item you want to buy from Taobao, paste it into the search box of the proxy site, and it will display to the page of the item being purchased. Select Add to Cart.
- First payment
Once you have added all the items you want to your shopping cart, add the amount you need to your account and pay for your items.
- Warehouse and storage
After you complete your first payment, the Taobao agent will be able to buy your items from the Taobao store. These items are then generally delivered to the agent’s warehouse within 2 to 5 days
- Second payment and International shipping
After the agent’s warehouse receives your product, a quality check will be made and your second (the last) payment will be confirmed with you.
- Receive your items
In about a week to half a month, you will receive your items. However, the exact time is all dependent on the different carriers and the different receiving addresses.
How do you use Yoybuy ?
- Become A Yoybuy Member
- First Payment
Submit A Shopping Agent Order
- Quality Inspection And Warehouse Stock In
- Second Payment
Pay For International Shipping, service fee etc.
- Ship the parcel
Learn about Yoybuy in 2 minutes: